Sunday, September 10, 2006

Mill Creek Cache

This cache I think is the one that got me hooked for good!!

This was right in Comstock Park. It use to be the Mill Creek Station Fish Hatchery.
This cache had 3 stages to it. Meaning the first stage will give you the gps to the second stage and the second stage will give you the gps to the actual cache.

It was me and Tracy and the girls that went to this one. We knew we needed all of us
on our first multi stage cache..lol

Now we pass this park everyday, but never knew there was a back part to it. It was the cool part!!
We found stage one not so easy let me tell you. Of course it was in the most obvious place, but you know we don't do anything easy..lol
The second stage my oldest daughter found right away. The clue for stage 2 was-beware of sudden showers. Which turned out to be a old twist handle to a water line. She untwisted it and at the bottom was the coords to the final stage. Don't ask me what gave her the guts to twist it off, cause god only knows what could have happened.. lol

The final stage took us way back to almost the beginning. At first we were on the wrong side of the creek and couldn't figure out why the gps wouldn't take us closer. So my youngest daughter said mom it could be on the other side of the creek. So we headed over the bridge and yep she was right it brought us closer.
Now I'm not going to tell you the exact location, cause well I don't need anyone just going there and messing around.. sorry.
But I will tell you the person that hid this cache was useing there head. It was a awesome find!!!


No comments: